Herdsperson – Tittleshall, King’s Lynn, Norfolk
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Herdsperson to join our existing dairy team in King’s Lynn, Norfolk.
Our farm is around 400ha based in the village of Tittleshall. Our herd consists of 520 autumn block calving cows who are milked twice a day through a 24/48 swing-over parlour, with the milk supplied to Arla. The herd is averaging 8500 litres, with all records and data kept up to date using Uniform and Cow Manager. We have an engaged team of roughly 8 people with a mixture of full-time and part-time, we have monthly catch-ups and decide as a team how we can reach and hit our targets.
The business has plans this year to expand the dairy across two sites, with a combined herd of 680 cows. These two roles will have a hand in the expansion of the herd, helping us with a smooth transition.
As a Herdsperson you will be working closely with our Farm Manager supporting with the day-to-day running of the dairy operation. AI & Foot trimming experience is preferred but not essential. Your roles and responsibilities will include but won’t be limited to:
– Milking as part of a team to a high and consistent standard. Getting the parlour ready for the day, washing down and keeping the parlour clean at all times.
– Daily Management of the herd and ensuring animal welfare is the top priority, identifying any lame cows, raising this to senior management.
– Maintaining records and ensuring data is kept up to date.
– Keeping the farm overall tidy & safe to operate
– Liaising with vets & nutritionists for the farm
– Treating & identifying illnesses such as mastitis and informing the Farm Manager of any observations
– General Farm work including maintenance, scraping and mucking out.
– Actively joining team meetings and discussion groups
– Supporting calving in the Autumn season
A proof of UK right to work will also need to be provided.
You will be working directly for the farm, not through REAL Success.
The right person will need to demonstrate ability and experience in agriculture. You will be a hard-working, enthusiastic person who has strong communication skills with others and is happy to adapt. We are looking for someone who can take on responsibilities at different times, whilst bringing new ideas to the team on how we can move the farm forward. Your behaviours and attitude are just as important to us as your experience.
In return, we offer a competitive salary and excellent accommodation to suit your needs either on the farm or in the local village. We will also offer a genuine commitment to your ongoing development, supporting you in completing your personal goals. We allow all team members to be heard, discussing as a team issues and solutions to achieve the best results.
The farm is located in the village of Tittleshall and is close to Litcham and Fakenham. There is also good local schools, pubs and leisure nearby.
If you’re looking to develop your career as an Assistant Herdsperson or Herdsperson, we’d love to hear from you.
Applications with a cover letter will get preference.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £30,000.00-£35,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- Free parking
- Housing allowance
- On-site parking
- Relocation assistance
- Sick pay