“We’ve been working with Real Success since 2013. What began as some training workshops to help our leadership team is now a regular coaching and consulting service across broad areas of our business. We’ve introduced leadership and management skills and we have seen vast improvements in our recruitment policy, staff retention and associated costs. We’ve hugely improve our communication and cross functional abilities too. Real Success were integral to our farm being awarded the Farmers Weekly Dairy Farm of the Year in 2016 and I’m delighted that Real Success remain part of our team of consultants and with the impact their work has made to our bottom line.”
With three organic dairy farms and a holiday cottage, business, the Carswell Group is based in South Devon and Dorset. Employing more than 25 full time staff, this is a diverse and geographically spread business. Family owned and led by Geoff Sayers, the farming business produces 8 million lites of milk per year. Real Success Ltd have been working with the Carswell Group since 2013 and are our longest serving client.
With a wide variety of staff with different levels of experience and ability some conflict and challenges were evident and communication across all businesses could be improved. Recruitment had borne inconsistency and sometimes a poor match with existing staff and business owner.
To help all the farm staff understand each other and to improve communication amongst each team and across the business
- Team Dynamics workshops where each member of the team understood their own personality style and how this effects their communication preferences.
- Implementation of full annual review process where staff sit down with managers and/or the business owner to discuss performance Issues.
- Recruitment of new staff across all areas of the business including advertising. telephone screening, profiling of shortlisted candidates, interviewing and on boarding process.
- Consistency of approach towards recruitment and staff development generating a Carswell Group culture.
- Lower staff turnover due to more accurate recruitment.
- Improved understandably of business strategy and direction across the business.
- Support for moving on of specific staff reducing tensions and improving alignment.
- Development of leadership skills within the management team.
- Winner of Dairy Farmer of the year 2016.